Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Simple Thought

Lately I've felt more open to others problems. When someone tells me they feel some sort of pain, my heart almost breaks for them.


I don't like to admit that I've felt alone at times. I really can't understand why though. Everyone feels alone sometimes, some more than others. And yet we have trouble admitting to it. We wear these ridiculous masks that "hide" our pain; but in reality we know people can see through it.

I always knew that God could hear me. And that He was always there. But for some reason I couldn't seem to get a hold of him. I would cry out hoping I would have some huge meltdown stripping away all my needs and desires for this world. But I was asking for a show, I was trying to create my testimony. Like I'd said in an earlier post, I wanted to be that rebellious kid that was miraculously saved.

And I'd like to imagine that through all this God was yelling at me, "I AM right here! You call Me and cry out My name. But who is this really for?"
And it was only by God's grace that this all hit me in a more subtle way than getting hit by a bolt of lightning (which I refuse to say is a cliche', it does not happen that often!)

So for those of you out there who feel alone, insignificant or just plain tired.. hold on. Get on your knees, get into the word, and get in God's presence.

Another statistic that bugs me: Christian teens tend to be very flippant about the advice given about: Reading your bible, worship, prayer, and being humiliated.
My pastor gets onto us about this a lot. And we deserve it..... You say your life is jacked up, hows your walk with God? Have you been in His word? Have you been on your face before Him?

I pray that you see God is Here, and if you just sit and think about that... well it's a pretty wonderful feeling. To know that the same God who is big enough to create the Heavens and the universe is also small enough to be with you and put his arm around you as you cry out to him. He is listening. So whether its anger, or hate. Love or admiration, go to God. He always wants to talk to you no matter what.

Romans 8:35-38

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written,

    "For your sake
 we are being killed all the day long;
   we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

    37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(ESV-bible.com)


Love. That is what it's about. What it's always been about






Blake J.

No comments:

Post a Comment