Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Alamo

Hey everyone!

Allow me to first apologize for not posting yesterday, I have been out of town for the weekend and well.... yesterday was very busy.

As you all should know (seriously if you don't I'd probably block you from this blog, my facebook, and my life) Tomorrow is Easter!!!
Now I was thinking of doing a post on Easter, the crucifixtion, burial and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
BUT- I think it'd be better to read your bible and go to church for that.... Really if your looking for a church to go to I would highly recommend my church The Sanctuary Fellowship (thesantuaryfellowship.com)


The real reason I had decided against an Easter blog was because today I'd been given a good topic. The bible says we should make our room the safest place, we should feel safe at home. But what about when we're away from home... Im out of town right now and I've already wanted to just break at one point. Where can I run?

I love Saving Private Ryan, it13 is just a great movie. Seriously its great (more likely the T.V. version because of language).
In the movie during the final battle Tom Hanks points out a final stand spot beyond a bridge rigged with explosives. A building he refers to as "The Alamo."

And as I was sitting in the car (for 6 hours today) I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. And I had wished I could somehow just be at home where I felt safe from sin and temptation, but I knew that I couldn't be home til Sunday...... SO what was I to do? Just give in? No, I wouldn't let everything I've fought for in the past months fall to waste... I was mentally and physically tired, and basically all I could do was ask God to give me strength through these temtations.
And I thought back to "The Alamo," I knew that although I wasn't home I still had somewhere to run. I knew that I needed to run to God in this situation.

So I basically told myself, "I am not going to fall." And I sent a message to an accountablity (which everyone needs) to get encouragement.

I know this verse my seem overused but most people don't read the whole passage:

Jeremy 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD......

No matter where you are, GOD IS THERE. God is your "Alamo," you can always fall back and never be pushed further.

So everyone have a good Easter and please do these things:

1. Make sure you have someone to be accountable with. Someone to pray with and offer encouragement.
2. Make sure you have somewhere that is safe for you. For most this would be your bedroom or somewhere that you can get alone before God.
3. Make sure that if neither one or two are available that you can find God anywhere. Just like the post from a couple of days ago.... NOTHING can seperate us from God's love.


Happy Easter everone,
He was peirced for our transgressions and crushed for our sins.....
And now we walk free, Never forget that.

Blake J.

No comments:

Post a Comment