Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Blues

It happens (every week)..... Mondays :(

Not necessarily the day of the week, but anyone who's read a Garfield comic (or stepped out from their rock every now and then) knows that there's just that one day that is not your favorite. Most of the time it's Mondays. Who doesn't hate 'em? 

What Im really trying to get at is this: Somedays are really bad. Like I want to crawl into bed, take a long shower, go lift weights, go for a drive (really fast) etc.... All while blasting your favorite music through the stereo.

But where's God during all this... Did He get thrown down with our backpacks by the kitchen table or our beds? Are bad days an excuse to sin, and not continue worshiping God? 
What about long absences from God. When you feel like you just can't talk to God?

One of my favorite songs right now is Waiting by John Waller: Heres the first half-

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait  
Stlyrics.com


This song is just straight up awesome. I know most people might not be touched by words as much as I am, but there are just too many good songs out there that seem to complete my cry to God, when my own words seem insufficient. 

For example in Psalm 61

1 Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
2 from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
3 for you have been my refuge, 
a strong tower against my enemy.
ESV

That prayer.... is straight up awesomeness. After a long day, I admit I want to just shut out the world... And God. But we have to find words. Even if they're not our own. Any words will do. Because God knows your heart, and I know He will smile when you come back to Him. Thats why worship is so important. It's not words on a screen, its words that you are proclaiming as your hearts cry to God. Whether it be a praise, or a calling. God will hear, and you can rest in his presence.

As I was waiting to get my haircut today I questioned myself.... (don't ask why I did this while at the hair cutting place (notice how I did not say salon)).


If I don't feel God's presence should I sulk... or search?



Yeah so... Whatcha gonna do now?


Thanks to everyone who has been reading these past few days. I really love getting such good responses from friends, loved ones, and even people I don't know that well.
But keep in mind that all credit goes to God. He gave me the ambition to start this. He gives me all inspiration for what I write. And He has provided me with great friends to encourage me to keep going! 
But you might have noticed a few Blake like comments (I try to be funny).    ;)

Anyways, have a good rest of the week and stay positive, Mondays basically over!

Blake J.

No comments:

Post a Comment